I am thrilled to announce that I am now available to do pet portraits as commissioned work and here is my first gorgeous model, Tammy who is a Bichon Frisé. I have met and cuddled this dog and she is delightful as are her owners.
THE ARTWORK DETAILS
- The size of the portraits are 11 x 14 inches which is a standard photography frame size and I use chalk pastels onto professional quality pastel paper. If you would prefer another medium such as acrylics or oils, please let me know.
- The price is $220 Australian Dollars which includes postage and packaging straight to your door.
- The drawings are protected with fixative and unframed. I feel that framing is a personal matter of taste and I prefer to leave that up to you.
- They are wrapped for protection then securely sealed in a post pak and delivered straight to your door, ready to be mounted in your choice of frame.
THE COMMISSION DETAILS
- It is important that we have lots of contact during this artwork commission and that you feel relaxed and happy about your decision. Here is the process we will go through to ensure that you are confident you will be purchasing a high quality portrait of your pet which completely satisfies you. In order to do a portrait of your pet I need to work from as big and clear a photograph as possible which should be in focus, showing as much detail as possible. The portrait will be based on this photograph so make sure that you like the stance and angle of your pet. I tend to keep the backgrounds nice and simple and if you wish to choose a colour or particular setting then please tell me or you can just leave it up to me. Please send me a few extra photographs from different angles as well, if you have them, so that I may endeavour to gain a feel for your beloved pet’s personality. You can send me the photos via e-mail as JPEGs or TIFFs or post them to me on a CD Rom but make sure you still have the originals!
THE LEAD UP AND PROGRESS STAGE
- On receiving the photograph(s) of your pet(s) I will do a rough draft of the composition and send you a photograph. At this stage you may offer input as to changes, your preferences etc and then once this had all been discussed and agreed to, you will pay a deposit of 30% of the full price. When the funds are in my account (either directly or using paypal), I will immediately start your pet portrait. I will send you 2-3 photographs via e-mail of the progress where you still have an input into last minute changes and things you would like altered. I will then finish the portrait and send you a final photograph via e-mail where you can decide if it is to your liking and that you are completely happy with it. Once agreed, you will pay the remainder of the cost and once the funds have been cleared, I will send you the final portrait.
THE TIME FRAME
- This is difficult to say but as a rule, I envisage a time frame from beginning to end of your portrait of approximately two to three weeks depending on my other job commitments. I am a perfectionist and aim for the highest quality possible and will not sell any work I would not be proud to hang on my own walls, otherwise, there is no personal satisfaction or reason for me doing the artwork. I love what I do and take pleasure in pleasing my clients. I will endeavour to communicate with you as much as possible to guarantee your piece of mind throughout the whole commissioned artwork.
THE SATISFACTION GUARANTEED STAGE
- If for any reason, you are genuinely unhappy with the portrait re. artistic reasons, please feel free to contact me so that we may come to an agreement of what went wrong and how we can solve this. Under certain circumstances I may be willing to offer you a refund but I cannot be held responsible for postage and delivery problems re. damaged goods, lost in the mail or postal strikes. Again, let’s discuss everything to see if we can reach a solution or compromise should the worst occur. You may opt to choose registered delivery or express post if you wish or if you prefer, you can personally collect your portrait from my studio if it is within travelling distance for you.
I hope I have covered everything and if you would like to make an enquiry or request a portrait please fill out the form below and I look forward to meeting your pets!